Butyrate is a short-chain fatty acid (SCFA). These fatty acids are used by the cells of the intestine (enterocytes) as an energy substrate to retain their integrity and functionality.
To obtain butyrate naturally we need our intestinal microbiota to ferment the dietary fibre that we cannot digest, and butyrate is produced as a result of this fermentation.
Different events such as:
- An imbalanced diet poor in fibre
- Taking antibiotics
- Emotional or physical stress
They can trigger an imbalance in our microbiota (dysbiosis), reducing the production of butyrate and the functionality of our intestinal barrier, generating inflammation, poor digestion, increase in intestinal permeability and immune disorders.
0.7 grams of butyrate is the equivalent of 5g of fibre fermented by microbiota in OPTIMAL condition. If our microbiota is not in this condition, the production of butyrate will be insufficient. The delivery of exogenous butyrate helps reduce intestinal permeability and the widespread inflammation of our intestine.
Our probiotic formula delivers 5 strains of lactic acid-producing bacteria as well as the Saccharomyces Boulardii yeast and vitamins D and C.
- Saccharomyces Boulardii: improves the intestinal barrier function, increases the expression of intestinal digestive enzymes and resulting increase in nutrient absorption.
- L. Plantarum: improves barrier function and inhibits the adherence of pathogenic bacteria to the intestinal epithelium.
- L. Rhamnosus: improves the intestinal immune system by increasing the number of cytokine-producing cells.
- L. Acidophilus: increases lactic acid by inhibiting the growth of pathogenic bacteria in the intestine. And increases the production of butyrate.
- Bifidobacterium animalis lactis and Bifidobacterium bifidum: improves digestive function. Helps to digest disaccharides such as lactose and fibres that generate intestinal symptoms.
- Vitamin C: helps immune system function during and after exercise. As well as Ascorbic Acid, it acts as a powerful antioxidant, helping the body in high-stress situations such as training.
- Vitamin D: contributes to proper calcium metabolism and to strengthening the immune system.
HOW TO USE
Take 2 capsules with breakfast to use the ingested fibre in assimilating the product.
- Item is only available on preorder.
- Additional discount applied only applicable on preorder.